Thursday, June 13, 2013

A teeny-tiny table.




I bought this tiny table from an old wares shop some years ago, because one can never have too many small tables. It was originally stained timber and I gave it a sand to remove the old flaky varnish, a lick of white paint and plonked it in the bathroom under a basket of shells, thinking one day I would do something nice (for want of a better word) to it. A buy-something-make-a-spot-for-it-later thing because chances are, when you want a tiny table you won't be able to find one.
So lately it was cleaned (but left in it's slightly battered state) and some pretty paper was glued on with a thin coat of PVA (white glue) and left to dry overnight. Then two coats of leftover floor varnish (waterbased polyurethane) to make it waterproof and seal all the edges and it was done. Pity all makeovers weren't this simple.
 

 

Underneath gives an idea of what it used to look like, pine I think with silky oak stays.






Hope you aren't too washed out this week, it's been pouring here and the clothes are free drying near the fire. Seems the sun is starting to peek out today. I've been bringing in the camellias to save them from bruising, how does the Rose claim the title of the most beautiful flower? Surely the Camellia gives it a run for it's money.

Have a lovely weekend.
S





6 comments:

  1. Hi Simmone,
    My husband has just painted up an old
    fish tank and stand that is the same
    shape as your table!! I must show it on
    my next blog that I do. I love that shape
    and I love the colour you've used on
    yours. Flowers are pretty.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its underneath is really quite beautiful in its own way isn't it Simmone, but I love your make-over too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love a teeny tiny anything really but that table is gorgeous, love the colours of paper you chose. And I love camelias too, they are so reliable and hardy and fuss free while still gorgeous. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your camellias. We have two rather large shrubs out the back that I hope our builder will look after during the reno. These, along with a frangipani tree, are all we have on our block of land. Much planting to do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hear the rain pouring down on the tin roof here at the moment.
    Your side table makeover is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Simmone! Lovely piece of upcycled furniture and beautiful photos.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...